The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in industries such as construction, industrial projects, property management, film, municipal work, event support and utilities. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We are industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic supplies, Occupational Health and Safety Training, Landscaping, and Staffing services. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
Universal Personnel, a division of The Universal Group, sources and provides passionate, authentic, and driven supplemental crew members to the construction & industrial sectors of the Lower Mainland. If you want to be a part of a passionate, authentic, and driven team, apply today!
We are looking for a certified Construction Safety Officer to join the team!
Job perks at Universal Personnel:
- Rewarding and challenging fast-paced work in an encouraging environment
- Supportive management
- Being part of a reputable company
- We provide discounts on an extensive list of training courses to help you reach your professional goals
- Attend all safety incidents onsite and providing first aid treatment as necessary
- Promote health and safety in the workplace
- Inspect the site to ensure it is a hazard-free environment.
- Conduct toolbox meetings
- Promote safe practices at the job site.
- Remain current with WorkSafeBC and OH&S legislation
- Provide support to management
- Complete documentation
- Additional tasks based on position
- Current certificates – Construction Safety Officer or NCSO and OFA 2 or 3
- Drivers license is an asset but not a must
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Work effectively with minimal direction
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer programs as may be necessary in the performance of CSO duties
- Flexible schedule and able to work in various municipalities
- Easy going attitude with the ability to work well under pressure
- CSA approved steel toe boots
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Work permit accepted
- Experience with high rise, residential, construction or marine industries
- Trades certifications. Both experienced and inexperienced applicants are welcome!
Please attach your CSO / OFA certificate in the Cover Letter upload spot.
We look forward to hearing from you!